To Avoid A flooded Basement Pay Attention To Your…..
- Sump pump, be sure it is operating correctly today;
- Check that your roof gutters and drains are clean and free of debris;
- During heavy rain listen for a gurgling drain, that may indicate a drain or sewer that is starting to plug up;
- Gurgling drain can also indicate roots in sewer, and that is something you want to check into ASAP;
- Be sure to check the city surface grates too, they are sometimes clogged with litter which prevents them from taking in the heavy rain waters! (Which can backup into YOUR basement…)
The approaching weather we’re expecting has the potential to cause heavy rain and a flooded basement or flooded streets. In addition, high winds may cause power outages; remember if you lose power your sump pump will not operate unless you have installed a backup sump pump.
So unless you want to see our smiling face be sure to keep an eye on the “water” and make sure it is flowing away from your home or building.
If you do need us, we never charge extra for nights, weekends or holidays…EVER!