- To inform users and Plumbing Professors Website practitioners about specific privacy guidelines employed at Plumbing Professors.
- To notify users about the terms and conditions governing use of any Plumbing Professors Website.
Rule on Sharing of Information
Plumbing Professors uses the Plumbing Professors Website for business purposes and is committed to ensuring the privacy of personal information. Use of the Plumbing Professors Website is subject to all applicable state and federal laws. It is the usual practice of Plumbing Professors not to share any personal information with those outside Plumbing Professors. However, when circumstances arise for the need to share information gathered from the Plumbing Professors Website, Plumbing Professors may share such data as:
- Authorized by law
- Permitted by disclosed Plumbing Professors policies
- Authorized by an approved Plumbing Professors contract
- When clearly stated at the Plumbing Professors Website site that such information will be shared and the user indicates consent by providing the information
- Consent is otherwise given
Online Surveys and Other Information Provided by the User
In the course of using the Plumbing Professors Website site, a user may choose to provide information to help Plumbing Professors conduct research. At any time there may be numerous online surveys being conducted on the Plumbing Professors Website site. Person(s) responsible for conducting online surveys that collect personally-identifiable information should clearly state at the survey site the extent to which any information provided will be shared. Aggregate data from surveys may be shared with external third parties in ways that do not compromise privacy.
Units of Plumbing Professors may provide chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups for their users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas may become public information and a user should therefore exercise caution when deciding to disclose one’s personal information in such places. Chat sessions and discussion forums may be logged.
Sites within the Plumbing Professors website may enable one to pay for products or services online with a credit card. These transactions are commercially secure and utilize a centralized process.
Rules for Individuals under Thirteen Years of Age
Server Log Information the University Gathers
Plumbing Professors Website servers generate logs that may contain information about computers or devices used to access the Plumbing Professors Website, or about general activity on the Plumbing Professors Website, such as the following:
- Internet address of computer or device
- Type of browser or other client application used
- The operating system of the computer or device
- Web pages requested
- Referring Web pages
- Time spent on the site
Many Plumbing Professors Website server administrators produce summary reports from these logs and share that information with Plumbing Professors Website content managers. Plumbing Professors Web content managers typically use this information in aggregate to understand what pages are popular, how users are navigating to and within their site, and when their sites are used most frequently. Plumbing Professors strongly discourages the inclusion in server logs of information that could identify individuals. The above Rule on Sharing of Information and the Exceptions to Rule detail when such associations occur.
Cookies and Login Security
Plumbing Professors Website sites may use transactional cookies that facilitate business transactions and may not use permanent cookies or any other invasive tracking programs that monitor and track Plumbing Professors Web site viewing habits unless:
- The use of permanent cookies adds value to the user otherwise not available;
- There is a comprehensive online statement at the particular Plumbing Professors Website site where such permanent cookies or other invasive monitoring and tracking programs are utilized that discloses:
- All types of information collected at that site;
- Plumbing Professors use of that information; and
- How the collection and use of this information adds value to the user; and
- There is a link to this comprehensive Web Privacy Notice from that particular Plumbing Professors Website site where such permanent cookies or other invasive monitoring and tracking programs are utilized.