There are a lot of things to consider when upgrading or replacing your conventional water heater, the biggest question is should you go to a tankless water heater? While not an easy answer, there are a number of advantages to a tankless water heater:
- Over its lifetime it will generate significantly less CO2 than a conventional water heater;
- A tankless water heater takes up a lot less space, and can be mounted in more locations;
- Tankless water heaters can be up to 99% energy efficient, that saves you $$;
- A tankless water heater will provide non-stop hot water which never runs out;
- A tankless unit will normally last 30% to 50% longer than a conventional water heater;
- You can even control a tankless water heater via wi-fi
So don’t just look at the cost of the tankless water heater, take these important points into consideration too. At Plumbing Professors, we always stress that a thorough review of your hot water usage will help make your decision a snap.