It’s that time of year again when a lot of people ask us what they should use to “clean” their sewer & drain lines; we always recommend DMT (Drain Maintenance Treatment).
DMT, which is short for Drain Maintenance Treatment, is a dry powder comprised of the same enzymes and bacteria that nature uses in a compost piles. DMT has no harsh, nasty chemicals; only safe enzymes and bacteria that love to eat the organic “gunk” found in your sewers, drains, sinks and showers, even your septic tank. (Yes, DMT is septic system safe and won’t hurt any pipes, nor will it hurt people or pets!!).
DMT works best if it is added to all your drains every month. (Add it to the drains just before you go to bed or leave for the weekend) Since they are microscopic in size, it takes a couple of months before the enzymes and bacteria get established and really start “eating” away at the “gunk” in your sewer & drain lines. The billions of bacteria in DMT double in number about every 20 minutes, they love to eat anything organic they find in your drains, sewers and septic tanks.
Simply mix one packet (you get 12 packets in the box, 1 for each month!) of DMT with lukewarm water in an empty gallon milk jug; then pour a little bit of the mixed solution into every sink, drain & toilet in your home or business.
Drain Maintenance Treatment (DMT) is:
- Safe around people and pets!
- Biodegradable, non-poisonous, non-polluting and won’t hurt people, pets or pipes.
- Septic system safe, DMT will help strengthen the friendly bacteria that your septic tank needs.
- Able to clean the whole diameter of the pipe, and it reduces nasty odors as it works.
- Designed to digest hair, paper, fat, oil and grease; sometimes known as FOG.
DMT is an environmentally friendly; people and pet safe product developed by Plumbing Professors. Order a one years supply today!