With 2″ to 3″ Inches Of Rain Possible This Weekend, Follow These Tips To Avoid A flooded Basement…..
- Sump pump, be sure it is operating correctly today;
- Check that your roof gutters and drains are clean and free debris;
- During heavy rain listen for a gurgling drain, that may indicate a drain or sewer that is starting to plug up;
- Gurgling drain can also indicate roots in sewer, and that’s something you want to check into ASAP to avoid a flooded basement;
- Be sure to check the city surface grates too, they are sometimes clogged with paper or leaves which prevents them from taking in the heavy rain waters! (Which can give YOU a flooded basement…)Real-time radar loop: https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php
The approaching weather we’re expecting has the potential to cause heavy rain and a flooded basement or flooded streets. In addition, high winds may cause power outages; remember if you lose power your sump pump will not operate unless you have installed a backup sump pump.